Getting outside and exploring the outdoors is a great way to bond with your pet. Whether you’re camping with a puppy or hiking with your pets, there may be adventure and hazards that lurk outdoors. If you’re considering taking a hike with your best friend, you may want to prep your pack before you hit the trails. Read on to learn more about what to consider when hiking with your pets and tips to help you and your furry family members.
Hiking with pets on the trails and
be loose pets, wildlife, and toxic hazards on the hiking trail. Make sure you’re
prepped and ready to avoid an unexpected trip to the veterinarian.
Most recently with the COVID-19 pandemic, more people may be opting to take advantage of exploring the outdoors with their furry friends while staying safely distanced from others. Because of this, you may run into more people and pets when you’re camping or hiking in parks, on trails, or exploring in nature.
Consider the following:
- Map out your trip and pack water, food, and other pet care essentials.
- Always make sure to keep your distance on the trail.
- You may want to socialize your pet with others, but be sure to keep space in between parties and safely share the walking trail.
- You never know what other pets may have been exposed too, so don’t forget your preventative care like your pet’s flea and tick preventative.
- Check to see if your destination is open. For an additional resource, check out this NPS pet guide.
Hiking with pets may be a great way
for you to bond with your furry friends in nature
Hiking with your best friend is a great way to get some exercise, enjoy the outdoors, and bond over a new adventure. Naturally, your pets will enjoy the quality time with the family and it gives you the chance to bond over a new activity. But by prepping your pack before you hit the trail, you and your pets will be ready for everything the great outdoors has to offer!
What do you love about hiking with your pets?
To learn more about dog pet care, read Dog Paw Pad Injury: Five Essential First Aid Tips